Friday, April 30, 2010

Bicycling business and a badger bully

As I've been riding my biiiiicycle lately I've noticed one thing about myself and one thing about other cyclists.

First myself: I. Don't. Mind. Being. Outdoor. In. A. Tricot. Like, I'm actually confident and feel like I'm part of the work-out-world and it's more ok to look slightly off (moderate speaking) in tricot, than being lazy in comfy pants and hoodies. Us work-out-folks are the ones laughing at YOU.

Keep in mind I've been eagerly working out (every other week) the past 2-3 months. I'm a pro.

Other cyclists: They treat me like I'm a part of their group. Every cyclists I meet, even the old lady with her basket and carrots gives me a wink with the eye and and a flick of the bell. They cheer me on and smack my back and I swear (not really) they can tell I'm a freshman at this. They are big hearted people, it's nice to be part of the bicycle family. (:

The Badger Bully: I was driving back home last night and as I cornered a corner I saw an animal twitching and shaking on the ground in front of a still standing car facing me. I slowed down, thinking "oh noes, he hit a fox and now he (the fox) is dying! I don't wanna have to participate in finishing him off, let me pass!"
And then I came closer and I saw my first badger in full light (I've seen shadows of them, scariest thing there is. Did you know they bite you until the bone's crushed?). But what seemed like a hurt and twitching badger turned out to be two bully badgers, stuck to each other in a fierce bite, fighting like crazy, slamming the other on the ground in turns. Eeeww, I hate badgers. I hate the badger song. I hate that story about the frog and the badger and the mole living in the sump. My worst childhood memory.

Well, short story even shorter: They fell off the side of the road after a minute or so, and us jaw dropped chauffeurs could continue our drive. It was amazing and truly a story to tell.

- - -

Who in the world LIKES dried banana? Stick your finger in your ear and lick it, - THAT's what it tastes like.
So job fruit deliverers: Quit putting dried banana in my nut mix. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. hoho, tørket banan er ikke vondt.
    jeg møter grevlinger rett som det er på vei hjem fra Fredheim. Feite, kortbena grevlinger. Man tenker:"for en stoooor katt" også skvetter man da man oppdager at det er en greveling grevelang.
    Spreka ass :) Tights-spreka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:22 AM

    "Who in the world LIKES dried banana? Stick your finger in your ear and lick it, - THAT's what it tastes like."

    I actually laughed out loud. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments,
so thanks and thanks again (: